Find below the full text of a Joint Press Conference of Yoruba Council of Youths Worldwide and Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide, on Sunday 9th June, 2019 at Ikeja, Lagos by 2pm.
We Say No To The Fulanization of Our Common Patrimony: Nigeria.
We are deeply concerned with grave hearts of regrets as critical stakeholders being the largest umbrella body of youths in the Southwest and Southeast Geo Political Zones of Nigeria and In Diaspora, coupled with our unending disappointments and gross abandonment with the Muhammadu Buhari’s led Federal Government to have conspicuously allowed the dreaded ongoing Fulanization of Nigeria remain unmitigated, despite various mass condemnation of their terrorism atrocities, mass murder and genocidal war unleashed on innocent Nigerians in various communities across the nation, especially the recent wake of crises, killings, kidnapping and community invasion by the armed bandits, under the aegis of Fulani Herdsmen, ISIS, ISWA and Boko Haram terrorist group, despite the huge billions of dollars sunk into the terrorism war, without any corresponding success to tie to it till date.
We have watched and observed with keen interest the audacious mentality and operational coherence of this dreaded groups across the nation, in view of the anti-masses propositions of the government ranging from the free grazing and cattle colony expedition to the recent donation of N100Billion support funds and Fulani radio launch, all this are pointers to the element of conspiracy theory definitely suspicious of the federal myth, consent and backings of this evil machinations.
Hence, precipitating the Yoruba Council of Youths Worldwide earlier proposed Yoruba Economic Development, Peace and Security Summit, tagged: Fo Ilu Mo (Operation Sweep Clean Our Land) at Mapo Hall, ibadan, Oyo State, dated 27th June, 2019 by 9.00a.m till 11a.m(Prompt). NB: We needed to review our earlier announced starting time of 11a.m downward to 9.00am, hence our apology for the inconvenience this may have caused all our expected guests.
This is done in order to mobilize all our guests to honour the Late Sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s book lunch, on the translation of all Papa’s works into Yoruba Language program organized by Alaroye Magazine, slated for same 27th of June, 2019 at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, Oyo State billed to commence by 11a.m.
Wherein we are using this medium to firstly congratulate and commend Governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN on his election as the Chairman, South West Governors Forum, thereby using this medium to advice the Governor to lead all his colleagues (Southwest Governors), and equally ensure the DAWN Commission aligns with us, and take apt advantage of our timely proposed Security Summit slated for 27th June,2019 taken place in the Yoruba historical city and heart of SouthWest- ibadan, as a means of urgently nipping in the bod and proffering immediate panacea to the hydra headed monsters called Boko Haram/Armed Bandits on our various kidnapping death points: intra-city and interstate highways, as well as addressing and setting the tone for a robust dialogue on other needful necessities: economic integration and development, infrastructures, ducation, food security, youth and women empowerments, peace and security to mention a few.
After which a further date in 2019 will be mutually agreed between the two region on the convening of a Joint South West and South East Security Summit, in due consideration of our common interests and goals of ensuring an egalitarian society that thrives on absolute welfarism, rule of law, peace and development of our people is achieved.
It is based on this premise we have recently address the issues differently as sectional issues, but with the simultaneous rising waves of communal invasions, rape and wanton massive destruction of lives and properties by the armed bandits, resolving we are on the same page of agony, pains and tribulations, precipitating our unanimous resolution to present the following charter of demands:
National Charter of Demands
1. We demand the immediate enactment of a new people’s National and Regional Constitution(s) respectively.
2. We demand the immediate Establishment of the Southwest and Southeast Regional Development Commissions, to exclusively control and manage all mineral resources within their respective zones.
The commission shall exclusively conduct monitoring /management of funds generated within the zones. Just like Dubai, Shangai etc.
3. We Demand the Establishment by All Southwest and Southeast Governors Forum (SWSEGF), to consolidate on the initiative of the South West-South East Joint Regional Security Networks(JRSN), wherein all our local vigilante and security organizations in both zones can be inculcated into the network.
4. We demand Immediate Establishment of Southwest- Southeast Educational Right Laws
5. We demand the Establishment of Southwest Southeast Trade and Commerce Development Council, inorder to foster our socio-economic integration and development.
6. We demand the implementation of the new Electoral Laws with a new caveat for INEC to conduct all Local Government Elections and ensure Diaspora voting simultaneously at the 2023 National Election.
7. We demand the establishment of the Southwest-Southeast Economic Integration and Development Summit Group by Governors and passed by their State Houses of Assembly of the both regions.
8. The Establishment of the Southwest-Southwest Peace Commission by Governors and passed by their State Houses of Assembly of the both regions.
9. The Establishment of Southwest-Southeast Obas and Chief Commission by Governors and passed by their State Houses of Assembly of the both regions.
10. The Establishment of Southwest-Southeast Sports Council by Governors and passed by their State Houses of Assembly of the both regions.
11. The conduct of A National/Regional/State/Local Government Census by 2020, while the Governors of each Southwest ans Southeast States conduct a Special iIdentification Data Program for their respective States indigenes.
12. We support the newly Federal Government endorsed Enyimba Economic City facilitated by Abia State Government( a replica of Dubai) for it’s importance in Job creation for the teeming Unemployed Youths and Economic development of the South East and Urge that it should be replicated in the South West as Eko Economic City.
(13)Any other resolutions ancillary to the aforementioned demands.
In view of the aforementioned, we hereby resolved to raise and support a competent, experienced and credible presidential candidate in 2023 from the both region, and as means of ensuring stability and equitable federal character appointments and sharing of all national portfolios based on regional exigencies and importance, especially the ongoing 9th National Assembly elections of principal officers.
We have emphatically spoken.
Aremo Oladotun Hassan, Esq
President, Yoruba Council of Youths Worldwide.
Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro
President, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide. 08028597244
( Represented by Comrade Obinnna Achionye, Deputy President, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide)